Saturday 6 June 2015

Book of the Month: May

Hello!
 
Today I am starting a new series on my blog called 'Book of the Month'. I am really excited about this as I have never done anything like this before (as in book reviews) and I absolutely love reading and love discovering new books. I have decided to start this series as I think that everyone should read at least one book per month as it can really open your eyes and is a chance for you to let go and let your imagination run wild as you create an image in your head of what is happening in the book!
Anyway, I hope you are looking forward to this as much as I am, so without any further waffling I am going to introduce May's Book of the Month!
 
Title: Young, Gifted & Dead
Author: Lucy Carver
Rating: 4 Stars
Price: £6.99

 
Blurb: Welcome to St Jude's Academy, the elite boarding school where the students are beautiful, talented and dangerously out of control...
 
New girl Alyssa is on a scholarship and feels like an outsider - she's not even that smart, apart from her freaky photographic memory. Then one day her room-mate Lily is found dead. It looks like suicide, but, torn apart by guilt and grief, Alyssa is convinced that things aren't as they seem. Soon a jolted memory puts her on the trail of a sinister secret that might hold the clues to Lily's suspicious death.
 
But Alyssa is in too deep, and she's about to find out that some things are better forgotten...
 
If by reading that blurb you aren't interested then you might as well click off now, but if you are intrigued then I just want to say this book is amazing! In the beginning, I'm not going to lie at first it wasn't that gripping but I pushed on, and I am so glad that I did because afterwards I did not want to put it down! It became really interested with an unexpected plot twist that made all the tables turn and blew theories to smithereens until there was only one possible answer. It is a very clever, well thought-out book with lots of lose ends that only get tied up at the end of the book when it all comes together.
 
Overall I would really recommend this book and the only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because the beginning wasn't as good but it definitely got better. There is also a Young, Gifted & Dead 2 called 'Killing you Softly' which I have not read yet but will do in the future. I hope you think about going out and buying this book and making it your June Book of the Month.
 
xo, Chantel 
 

No comments: