Saturday 29 August 2015

Brand Focus: Maybelline

Hello!

Today I am starting a new thing on my blog called 'Brand Focus' which may have seen on other beauty blogs out there. I have decided to do this as another kind of monthly thing along with 'Book of the Month' just so that you guys know you are going to get at least two posts a month.

Anyway, todays brand focus is Maybelline and I am going to be featuring a few of my favourite eye products, but I also want to talk about the face powder I have by them that I love. Enjoy!


The first products I want to talk about are the Maybelline Colour Tattoos in '35 - On and on Bronze' and '98 - Creamy Beige'. I love these and have mentioned two other colours before in my 'Brighton Beauty Haul' and love those but I love these ones more. The shade Creamy Beige makes a really nice base colour for a bolder eyeshadow and it really helps the colours that you put over it pop. On and on Bronze can also make a nice base for a gold-bronze eyeshadow look but as well as that it can look really nice by itself so if you are in a rush you can just pop some of this all over your lid lend the edges with a fluffy blending brush such as the MAC 217 and you're ready to go!


The next Maybelline products I want to talk about are the Maybelline Linerefine Expression Kajal Soft Kohl Liner in '38 - Brown' and '33 - Black'. These eyeliners are my go to currently as they have good pigmentation and staying power. I like to pop the brown one on my waterline nearly everyday as it is more subtle than the black but I also like to use the black one if I have done something along the lines of a smoky eye tat day. These eyeliners are also a complete bargain at the price of only £3 and they are honestly better than I thought they were going to be for that price.


The penultimate product I am going to talk about is the Maybelline 'The Nudes' Eyeshadow Palette. This palette is great for the price and I was so shocked with how good it is when I first bought it. I know that there are a lot of drugstore palettes on the market that this one has to compete with but I will honestly say that it is in my top 3. The palette is priced at £10 and I am happy to pay that price for the quality and pigmentation of the shadows and I would recommend it to beginners as it has colours that are wearable to school/uni/work, shimmery shades for outings such as parties and it is very affordable.


The last product I am going to talk about is the Maybelline Fit Me Pressed Powder in '355 - Coconut'. This powder is one of the very few face powders that I own and I really like it because it is light and mattify's my face with out looking cakey and over the top. As you can see I have hit pan slightly and the writing is starting to rub off but that just proves how much I use it and like it. It also has a mirror underneath the powder if you lift up the kind of compartment thing.

That is the end of my first 'Brand Focus' post and I hope that you enjoyed reading about my favourite Maybelline products and I'd like to here your favourites so leave comment telling me all about them. Also, don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin' for updates every time I put up a new post for you all to enjoy. Thanks for reading,

xo, Chantel


No comments: