Saturday 5 September 2015

Book of the Month: August

Hello!

Today I'm back with another 'Book of the Month' and I know that I missed last months but that is purely because I didn't actually read a book in July, I just started one at the end of the month. For August's book I have chosen 'Paper Towns' by John Green and this book has recently been made into a film that you might have seen already.

Enjoy!

Title: Paper Towns
Author: John Green
Rating: 5 Stars
Price: £7.99 (RRP)


Blurb: The thing about Margo Roth Spiegelman is that really all I could ever do was let her talk, and then when she stopped talking encourage her to go on, due to the facts that
1. I was incontestably in love with her, and
2. She was absolutely unprecedented in every way, and
3. She never really asked me any questions. . .

Quentin Jacobsen has always loved Margo from afar. So when she climbs through his window to summon him on an all-night road trip of revenger he cannot help but follow. But the next morning, Q turns up at school and Margo doesn't. She's left clues to her disappearance, like a trail of breadcrumbs for Q to follow.

If you have seen the film then you probably won't be interested in reading the book as you know what happens but if you haven't then continue reading to find out what I thought about the book.

The book was a really interesting read and I found it really easy to be sucked into Margo and Quentin's world. The book covers many different topics such as first love, bad relationships, different kids of friendships and it just got more interesting as they story unfolded and the clues were solved. I also really enjoyed the part when they went on the road trip as it sounded really fun and you could just imagine them doing all of the different things in your head 

Thanks for taking the time to read this months 'Book of the Month' and as always leave a comment telling me your favourite book from August and any books that you would recommend I read. Also don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin' and share with your friends if you enjoyed as It really means a lot.

xo, Chantel

No comments: